Saturday, May 7, 2011

Good morning, world.

Just got up recently and had a bagel that clocked in at nearly 300 calories. WOAH! That feels like a lot for me, considering I rarely eat breakfast in general (tsk tsk, I know). I was craving it though, and it feels good to be full and satisfied...hopefully it will give me energy for the morning. Feeling a bit yucky from going out to the bar with my husband last night, but it was worth it--we got some alone time and it was fun.

Going to try to hit the gym for a bit today while the boys practice/prepare for their shows tonight. Although, if I'm truly not feeling it, I simply won't go! I've already gone 4 times this week, so it would not be terrible for me to not go at all this weekend. It just feels so good afterwards that it's hard to resist!

Husband and I had a conversation last night that got me thinking. I was a bit drunk and the ideas/thoughts were flying, so who knows what will come of what we talked about. Somehow we got onto the topic of work and if I enjoy my job (I work as a medical assistant). I started to realize that I have the capacity to do so much more--not to toot my own horn--and that I am capable of being in a different role. I was in nursing school right out of high school, but couldn't handle it after 1.5 years, which sucks because I was doing very well. If I decided to go back to school, not only would it be a major stressor because of money/time (would I have to quit work? Quite possibly), but it would also be a major blow to my pride and ego, considering I was already IN a darn program. Oh well, it's something to consider...I don't want to write it off right away and sell myself short, but it will take some major thought.

Anyway, have to go wake the husband up...I really want to get to the local farmer's market today and pick up some goodies.

Have a superb Saturday!

EDIT::

Having a bit of a rough day today...have eaten much more then I planned on. Nothing really unhealthy, just a LOT. It's so early in the day, it's hard not to get super depressed and get binge-y. Blah. Trying to stay positive for the rest of the day... :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment